Do you know a person in your workplace that is just the life of the company parties, or just is full of life at work EVERYDAY? Well, they are not putting on an act to make you laugh, feel better, or anything like that. These people are wired this way, and some of them have been this way as far back as they can remember. If you still do not know exactly who this person is at your job, this might help. Is there a person there who is always naturally positive and always trying to encourage people to not lose their paths, and to keep pushing forward?
I bet you now know who this person is at your workplace. The Insights Discovery® Color Energies knows this person all too well. In fact, they have even given this personality type a name; Sunshine Yellow.
What are the classic signs of a person who leads with a Sunshine Yellow energy?
Since you have been reading all the blogs here on this site, you know there are four major colors to the Insights Discovery® Color Energies; Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. It is normal for any given person to showcase personality characteristics of all four colors. In fact, if you were to do a Insights Discovery Profile Assessment, your final results would reflect properties of all four colors. However, each person still tends to lead with their predominant color. The more aware a person is of this trait they have, they better at it they can become.
For example, if a sunshine yellow personality was aware that they could make people who were, let’s say sad, laugh again as a result of being around them. This person, depending on how much sunshine yellow they possess, would be able to almost turn it on and off at will. This is a great power to possess, especially in a business setting.
The classic characteristics of the sunshine yellow personality are:
- A person who is very sociable
If you are NOT a person who leads with this color first, it would be very helpful for you to know how to deal with this personality type. When involved with a sunshine yellow person:
- Show them enthusiasm– This is the way they will know you are listening to them. You also might have to make sure you look at them when they are speaking to you. Not because they were in the military and have a purple heart and demand this of everyone. It’s because most people who are sunshine yellow need the person whom they are speaking with to give them eye contact or they think that the person is not really listening to them.
- Be friendly – If you are friendly to this person, they will bend over backward for you and could become a loyal co-worker and friend to you.
- Be open and flexible– This person may have advice for you that they think is fun and exciting and they will be dying to tell it to you.
- Get Involved– Getting involved is the easiest way to show this personality type that you do care.
Now that you know who this person is (it may be you), you can identify them in your head when you have an interaction with them and most importantly, you will know what to say, and how to act around them to get the desired results you are looking for out of them.
If you would like help identifying this person, schedule me, Scott Schwefel, as your keynote speaker. I will come to your group and address the differences in personalities in a truthful, fun, and easy-to-understand way. Follow me on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to share my blogs with the color energies you work with!